Social media has now become a sea of opportunities where you can make money, and Twitter is no different. Whether your a blogger or a business owner, you likely have a Twitter account to promote your business or brand. Apart from where one gets the latest news and trends, Twitter users have not one but various ways to make money with Twitter account they have.
In Q3 2019, Twitter recorded 145 million average monetizable daily active and 336 million monthly active users which justifies the growing popularity of Twitter. There are various ways to make money with your Twitter account. One just needs to have a good number of Twitter followers and a great Twitter profile that attracts your target audience. Earning on Twitter isn’t tough, and in this blog, we have listed some of the proven methods to make money with Twitter account.
1. Use Sponsored Tweets
If you are really popular on Twitter and having and a large number of an engaging follower base, you can earn money by just sending out a tweet. This is how a Sponsored Tweet works. Companies out there are ready to pay you to tweet and promote their products, brands, and services if you are famous in your core area or community of people.
You can reach out to brands of your interest and collaborate with them to promote their products or services with a paid or sponsored tweet. Alternatively, you can sign up for sponsored tweeting on some popular online platforms to connect with companies and brands looking for paid tweets. A few of them are:
- SponsoredTweets (sponsoredtweets.com): On this platform, companies can search for and connect with Twitter influencers. You can analyze each creator’s content, personal information, social connections, and audience data to create a list of Twitter influencers best suited for your business
- Ad.ly (adly.com): This advertising platform sends out advertisements in your tweets. One has to create a profile and based on the number of followers, engagements, profile reach; advertisers choose your profile to publicize their campaigns. Once selected, you have to agree on the specified number of tweets on specific schedules and in return, you get a lump sum amount. The model is not based on pay-per-click, and the advertiser needs to select the best Twitter account for their promotion.
2. Use Affiliate Marketing to sell products
By promoting affiliate products on Twitter, you can generate a good income. Affiliate Marketing on Twitter means promoting other people’s products from your Twitter account. Under affiliate marketing, you share the link of the product and when someone makes the purchase from the link, you get a fixed commission. Depending on your Twitter audience, you can do affiliate marketing in the areas of their interest. Don’t just start tweeting links; rather mix them with your regular content. This will not make your account look spammy nor annoy your followers.
3. Sell your own products
There is no better option of earning on Twitter better than selling your own products. As you already have a reach on Twitter, your followers are most likely to be interested in your product. You can post an eye-catching image of your product, engaging description, relevant hashtags and a link that redirects to your website. You can post daily, weekly, or monthly deals and grow your business.
4. Traffic to your website, blog or landing page
Even if you are not monetizing directly on Twitter, you can drive the traffic to your website, blog page or lead page. For example, you can give the link on your blog page in your tweet, which will redirect the traffic to the blog where you have a brief of your product or service. You can generate leads by placing videos of the product or service on that page. Additionally, you can share your latest blog posts on your Twitter account to boost traffic.
5. Advertise on Twitter
This is an in-direct way to make money with Twitter but with Twitter Ads, you can reach more people online and generate more sales for your business.
Twitter ads are so effective that they show your tweets to the right audience at the right time. You can advertise based on demographics, specific interests and more.
You can choose between “Promote Mode” and “Twitter Ads.” Twitter Ads just appear like other tweets but are clearly labeled “Promoted.”
6. Monetize with Twitter Media Studio
Media Studio lets you earn money directly from its platform by allowing two video monetization programs, In-Stream Video Ads and In-Stream Video Sponsorship.
- In-Stream Video Ad: publishers can monetize their video content on Twitter by posting videos of up to 10 minutes with each tweet. Based on tags you have used for each video, these ads automatically pair your premium brand-safe video content with pre-roll from advertisers.
- In-Stream Video Sponsorship: these sponsorships allow you to monetize premium content on Twitter, including live videos, video clips and formats like Sponsored Moments. You can generate more revenue by aligning your premium video content with advertisers via a one-to-one sponsorship
- So, start earning your way through using the above given guide on how to make money with twitter and don’t forget to share your experiences in the comments section below.